Asbestos Awareness Training
Our course has been developed and is delivered by our own experiences staff. It is designed to comply with the latest Health and Safety requirements regarding mandatory asbestos awareness training for certain trades and tasks.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (Regulation 10) requires mandatory training for any persons performs maintenance or works in/on:
• Domestic properties
• Village Halls
• Or any building built before the year 2000.
Who should attend
Under Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, asbestos awareness training should be given to any persons that is or is liable to be exposed to asbestos, or if that employee supervises such employees. Specifically:
• Telecom engineers
• Alarm installers
• General maintenance staff
• Anyone who works on or disturbs the fabric of the building.
• What is asbestos and why was it used?
• Properties of asbestos and health effects
• Types, uses and risk of asbestos containing materials in buildings and plant
• General procedures for accidental release of asbestos fibres
• How to avoid risk
• Surveys/ asbestos registers
Success completion of this course and final assessment will enable candidates to understand:
• Staff responsibilities under current legislation
• Asbestos hazards in the workplace and know how to identify the possible presence of asbestos containing materials.
• How to avoid exposure and what to do in an emergency.
Our up and coming courses are shown on the right hand side of this page, please click on selected dates to view more information.
Please click here to download our Asbestos Awareness Training Agenda